I found these tips from GTA Wedding Design Specialist, Stephanie Thompson. Check out her weekly e-magazine for more wedding planning tips! It’s useful, takes a modern approach to wedding planning, and full of creative and fun advice! Happy Reading! www.stephaniethompson.ca
1. The Experience- You’re getting married! A bridal show is dedicated to helping you out with your wedding. There’s pretty decor, inspiration, ideas, tips, tricks, food and fashion. A ticket of $10-15 is nothing compared to the savings you can receive from the show and its way better than going to a movie ;). It’s a great date for you and your fiancé to bond and discuss the wedding.
2. Make Planning Your Wedding Easier- There will be a variety of vendors there to help you with your needs, talk to them, learn about them, you may save yourself hours and hours goggling and doing research.
3. The Savings & Discounts- Many booths will offer you special show discounts just for being there, search them out, see if you get along great with that vendor and if they are the best fit for your wedding
4. The Free Stuff- Pens, food, trinkets… I’m amazed at the sort of freebies you can get at the shows. But behave yourself, don’t take a handful. And talk to the vendor to at least hear what they have to say, nothing worse than feeling like someone just came over to eat or get freebies. Even if you don’t intend to hire them you never know when someone else you know could use their services or if you need a plan B. I find that vendors who offer free things are really generous with how they treat their brides, they want to give you a little gift, just so they can learn about you.
5. It’s FUN! A Lot Of FUN!
What To Expect
1. Sign Ups, Give-a-ways, Prizes & Draws- Come prepared with pre-signed labels that include your name, address, phone number, email address, wedding date. Check out your local office supply store, find the address labels, download the template, fill in your info, hit print and voila.
2. Dress To Impress *Comfortably- Wear comfy shoes and wear comfy clothes. That doesn’t mean look like you’re going to the gym. You’re engaged! Dress up like you’re going out to the mall, do your hair nice, make-up pretty and glow like the beautiful bride-to-be you are.
3. Have A Strategy In Place- The bridal show producers post the vendors and their booth information on their site. Make sure you use this information. What vendors are you looking for; check out their sites… where are they on the floor plan. Write down some questions you want to ask them and go and speak to them face to face at the show. If you like what they have to offer, set up and ask to set up an appointment right there at the show. Once you get home you may be too overwhelmed with all of the information you’ve received and may not utilize the show to help you plan your wedding.
4. Bring your groom- More and more grooms are becoming involved with the wedding plans, make sure he can come and attend the show with you. I’m sure you won’t be making decisions without his input anyways so save yourself some time discussing what you saw at the show and make him come. It’s not like going into a women’s lingerie store like he might think… there are killer cars, food, music, photographers, tux fashion for him to look at… only a few traces of flowers, pink and sparkle…. honest!
5. Vendors Approaching You- Vendors will talk to you, approach you, say hello, hand out their information, and you never know if you’ll need their services. Be open, ask questions, if you’re not interested just take their pamphlet and thank them and you’ll have a looksy later (maybe). If you really aren’t interested for instance you’re photographer is already booked, then put this pamphlet into Bag B- the “I’m not interested bag” vs Bag A- the “you’re a superstar and I’d love to consider you for my wedding bag”. Hang onto Bag B, you never know if you’ll need a Plan B last minute- say your photographer doesn’t show up, you may need to call these vendors in case yours cancels a week before your wedding or doesn’t show up.
Wedding Design Specialist, Stephanie Thompson, publishes “Wedding Wishes” weekly e-magazine with 3500+ subscribers. If you are looking for more wedding design & planning tips sign up here to get my FREE Special Report “7 Easy Ways To Get Wedding WOW Factor” at www.stephaniethompson.ca.
©2010 Stephanie Thompson, Stephanie Thompson.ca All rights reserved
42 Annual Hamilton-Halton Spring Wedding Show 2011
14th Annual Niagara Spring Wedding Show 2011