Some brides LOVE the expression “all eyes will be on the bride”, while others squirm at the thought and immediately consider eloping. Regardless of your reaction, the saying certainly holds true! Listed below are some tips to make sure you are putting your best face forward on your wedding day!
1) Pink Lips: while we still encourage all brides to avoid the prink frosted lip circa 1985, the vibrant pink lipstick in tones of peach, cotton candy, rose and fuchsia are back in a big way. And why won’t they be? Shades of pink are universally flattering on all skin tones a no lipstick makes you feel as girly and feminine than a bright beautiful pink hue. The other great aspect with 2012 pink lips is while they make a statement, they still pair nicely with a subtle smoky eye or dramatic eye liner. Tip: If you are you are going to rock a pink lip, be sure to whiten your teeth! Some shades of pink enhance yellow tones in your teeth!
2) Au Natural: Enhance your natural beauty by using cream blushes to bring a happy, vibrant glow to your cheeks. Use a highlighter on your brow bone and cheek bones and cream eye shadow in natural, earthy tones to complete the look. This is one of the favourite looks for beach, garden or intimate ceremonies. The added bonus: you will look radiant and timeless in your wedding photos for years to come!
3) Smoky Eye: The smoky eye trend continues in the 2012, however this season’s take is more subtle. Stick to a natural, matte colour palette and be sure to blend all the different shades into a smooth gradient of colour. Finish off the look with some great water proof mascara and/or add in some fake lashes on the out corners of your eyes for really dramatic look!
4) Vintage Glam: Break out the crimson red lips and dramatic tick eye liner to bring some Hollywood glamour to your wedding. This look is perfect for winter, formal, vintage or whimsical themed weddings. To complete this epic look, don a birdcage veil or antique drop earrings and cherry red nails!
5) Colour! Whether it be through a dramatic lip, jeweled tone eyeliner or feathered eye lashes (yes, feathered eyelashes!) 2012 is all about colour. Don’t feel that you have to limit colour simply to your attire. Use colour to your advantage and play up your beautiful eye colour or accentuate your favourite feature!
Looking for a professional to help you look your best on your wedding day? Visit the 43rd Annual Hamilton-Halton Spring Wedding Show to chat with a friendly wedding pro! The following makeup companies will be present at the Hamilton-Halton Spring Wedding Show to help you perfect your wedding day look!
–MakeUp Worx (also check out their work live on the fashion show stage!)
-Mary Kay Cosmetics
–Pretty In Pink Mobile Makeup
–Refresh Salon & Spa
43rd Annual Hamilton-Halton Spring Wedding Show
January 7 &8, 2012
The Hamilton Convention Centre