Did you know that the most popular colour for bridesmaid’s dresses is black? I guess the LBD is still the failsafe, even for the wedding party! Despite this fact, the 2012 wedding season promises to be filled with bold and ornate colours and colour combos for the entire wedding party. While there are just too many new combos to list, I have included my top 5 favourites below! I would love to hear what colour combos you have chosen for your wedding. Please feel free to share!
1) Gold and Teal: the perfect modern winter colour palette! Add some peacock feathers and a little glitz for a high glamour winter wonderland wedding or a dramatic and fresh spring cocktail wedding. Photo from http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/anyone-else-feel-bi-polar-sometimes-when-trying-to-make-color-decisions
2) Nudes and Blush:I’m actually going to be a bridesmaid in a July 2012 wedding and this is the chosen colour palette. I am so excited because this colour palette offers such a diverse array of options (you can create an au natural or organic look or have a sophisticated and high class just by changing the type of fabric you use). No matter what type of wedding you are looking for, the blush colour palette adds immediate romance and whimsy to your wedding day. (Photo from http://www.everything-pretty.com/2011_09_25_archive.html)
3) Watermelon, Honeysuckle and Tangerine: Bright, Happy, Fun and Oh so summer! The great thing about these colours are that they look fabulous and bring a rosy glow to all skin colours! Photo from www.mypersonalartist.com
4) Warm Smoky Grey and Lemon Yellow: lovely for all seasons and perfect for a more eclectic or laid back wedding (Immediately think of a morning wedding when I see these colours together!) Photo from http://sashandsatin.com/post/colour-palette-we-love-yellow-and-grey/
5) Red and Lavender: The ultimate statement maker of the group! It is bold, contemporary, off the beaten path but rich and flattering! (Photo from http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/perfect-palette-lavender-and-red?)